Brief update . . .
The past two weeks have been extremely busy. I have been working on two seminary classes, finding a job, moving my family to Minnesota and settling in, and finding new ministry. Here are some bullet points of what has been going on:
- Last night I finished a questionnaire that I have been working on for close to a month. It was a good questionnaire and ended up at 15 pages of text total. While I desire to serve in every ministry with which I interact, this particular ministry finds more desire in my heart than the others.
- Last night I also had an essay exam in one of my classes, which took the better part of the evening to study for and complete. Along with the exam last night I’ve been reading an incredibly long commentary of the Minor Prophets
Though my work load will not slow down any time soon (I start my job tomorrow), I took today off from any major projects. I did some blog reading, Bible reading, and had some theologically stimulating conversations with my father-in-law. I also spent some time with the girls and just watched some TV.
Next on the docket:
- Complete questionnaires for three churches
- Continue seminary course work. The two classes I’m in now end April 29. The projects for those classes are due in May, but I start two more online classes in May.
- I anticipate working 20-30 hours a week through May, then it will pick up to as many hours as I want through the summer.
- I anticipate visiting at least two ministries in May. That will involve time in travel, but should not involve personal expense.
- Rhoda Jane and I are active in our church in New Ulm. I have taught in Truth Trackers and given some recommendations, which my pastor solicited, in some areas of the ministry. We’ve enjoyed learning and loving the people.
To those who have been praying, thank you. God is good. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the Lord.